17 June 21
What is 5-Free?
5-Free means that a product is made without the use of: Toluene, Dibutyphthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin or Camphor.
All our products are 5-Free! What does this mean?
The ingredients have different functions and can be used in (gel) nail polish for different reasons
- Toluene, helps the paint to apply easily and smoothly and is also found in products such as shoe polish and gasoline. Inhaling this substance too much can cause dizziness.
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP), this substance ensures that your (gel) nail polish does not just peel off or crack. DBP is commonly found in adhesives and plastics. This substance is banned within the European Union. Since our products are produced in the Netherlands and the use of this substance is prohibited within the European Union, our products do not contain DBP.
- Formaldehyde makes the (gel) nail polish hard and resistant. This is common in nail strengtheners. This substance can affect your health if you inhale it for a long time.
- Formaldehyde Resin is again a less damaging version of formaldehyde. This substance often ensures that the (gel) nail polish hardens nicely and has a good shine. However, this can cause an allergic reaction such as swelling or itching.
- Camphor is an ingredient that ensures that the (gel) nail polish adheres well to the nails. However, this can lead to irritations such as nausea when this substance is absorbed into the body through the cuticle or nail bed.
All Pink Gellac products are produced in the Netherlands. All (gel) nail polish that is for sale in the Netherlands must comply with the European Cosmetics Regulation (1223/2009/EC). This legislation sets requirements for the chemicals in the (gel) nail polish, so that it is not harmful to your health, which is why our products are 5-Free.